To stimulate scholarly activity and broaden academic interest in comparative labour and employment law, the International Association of Labour Law Journals announces a Call for Papers for the 2020 Marco Biagi Award. The award is named in honor of the late Marco Biagi, a distinguished labour lawyer, victim of terrorism because of his commitment to civil rights, and one of the founders of the Association. The Call is addressed to doctoral students, advanced professional students, and academic researchers in the early stage of their careers (that is, with no more than three years of post-doctoral or teaching experience).
1. The Call requests papers concerning comparative and/or international labour or employment law and employment relations, broadly conceived. Research of an empirical nature within the Call’s purview is most welcome.
2. Submissions will be evaluated by an academic jury to be appointed by the Association. Submitted papers should include an abstract.
3. The paper chosen as the winner of the award will be assured publication in a member journal, subject to any revisions requested by that journal.
4. Papers may be submitted preferably in English, but papers in French or Spanish will also be accepted. The maximum length is in the range of 12,500 words, including footnotes and appendices. Substantially longer papers will not be considered.
5. The author or authors of the paper chosen as the winner of the award will be invited to present the work at the Association’s 2020 meeting which is to be announced soon on the website of the Association. Efforts are being undertaken to provide an honarium and travel expenses for the presentation of the paper. Until that effort bears fruit, however, the Association hopes that home institutional funds would be available to support the researcher’s presentation.
6. The deadline for submission is 31 March 2020 (final date of submission). Submissions [and a short bio of the author] should be
sent electronically in Microsoft Word both to Lavoro e diritto at email@example.com and to Frank Hendrickx, the President of the Association, at firstname.lastname@example.org and his secretariat: email@example.com